Our bottle shop opened in February 2016. It's a straight forward retail space where we can sell our bottled beer to go. It's small. It's industrial. It's gonna be freezing in the winter and boiling in the summer, so be glad there's no bar or tasting room for you to sweat/freeze your butt off. But hey, fresh beer and special bottle releases and tours are now yours. You're welcome.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Wednesday: 3pm-7pm
- Thursday: 3pm-7pm
- Friday: 2pm-7pm
- Saturday: 12pm-6pm (tours at 1pm and 3pm)
- Closed: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.
- Hours subject to change. We'll post to social media (and here) if they do.
You'll find our humble bottle shop in the brewery at 3925 W. Dickens Ave in the great city of Chicago. It is not a bar or tasting room and there are no growler fills. We do not accept cash; just credit/debit cards (but no American Express, sorry). Our full lineup of merchandise is also available for sale. Oh, and there's no public restroom, so please plan accordingly.
- Public Transportation: 1 block north of the Armitage bus; 1/2 block east of the Pulaski bus; and 1/2 mile from lots of things: the Healy Metra stop (MD-North) with its Divvy bike station, plus North Ave, Fullerton and Kimball bus routes.
- Biking: Armitage (one block south) is a designated bike route. Pulaski has some crazy drivers but it's definitely wide enough to accommodate bikes. Other north-south streets to the east of us are calm and generally bike-friendly. The western trailhead of The 606 elevated path is 0.6 miles away. Please feel free to bring your bike inside; we are working on installing bike racks for 2017.
- Driving: Street parking is free and (usually) easy. In light-medium traffic, the brewery is about 15 minutes from two expressways: the Kennedy (I-90/94) and Eisenhower (I-290).
Beer to go! Apex Predator, Troublesome, and Tooth and Claw for sure. We'll also have a stash of current seasonals and one-offs listed on our "Release" page. We hope to have a rotating selection of 750mLs. Best advice: follow us on BeerMenus for up to the minute inventory. We will often post updates to the Bottle Shop Twitter account as well. What's not available? A ton of samples.
We try to accommodate advance keg orders based on our production schedule. A limited amount of picnic taps are available to rent for $10. 1/6bbl (~5 gallons of beer) and 1/2bbl (~15 gallons of beer) are $80 and $160, respectively, for Troublesome and Tooth & Claw; $90 and $180 for Apex Predator. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your order.
SUPER SPECIAL RELEASES
As it's available, a schedule of Brewery Releases will be listed on the Releases page along with any applicable reservation information. Some will require advanced sign-up (Whiskers, Coffee Dinos'mores, Hellbroth for example). Others will be more of a "come and get it!" kind of thing.
Tours are Saturdays at 1pm and 3pm (with the exception of bottle release days). The cost is $10/person. Since tours are capped at 20 people and often sell out in advance, we suggest buying your tickets online. Web sales close one hour before tour time. We tweet tour walkin availability by 11am every Saturday, plus updates as needed. Feel free to buy merch online before your visit (choose "Pick-up at Bottle Shop") or there is plenty waiting for you here.
We are not offering private tours at this time but you can buy up slots on the public tours. If you're in a big group and show up wasted to the public tour, we reserve the right to give side eye.