Bottle Shop Questions... Answered.
Our bottle shop opened in February 2016. It's a straight forward retail space where we can sell our packaged beer to go. It's small. It's industrial. It's not a taproom - but we have one! We have one! It just opened this November and you'll find it (Mousetrap) at 1460 N. Kingsbury in Lincoln Park.
BOTTLE SHOP WINTER HOURS OF OPERATION
- Thursday: 3pm-7pm
- Friday: 3pm-7pm
- Closed: Saturday-Wednesday
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Kegs and large pre-orders can sometimes be picked up outside shop hours, by appointment
You'll find our humble bottle shop in the brewery at 3925 W. Dickens Ave in the great city of Chicago. It is not a bar or tasting room and there are no growler fills. We do not accept cash; just credit/debit cards (but no American Express, sorry). Oh, and there's no public restroom, so please plan accordingly.
- Public Transportation: 1 block north of the Armitage bus; 1/2 block east of the Pulaski bus; and 1/2 mile from lots of things: the Healy Metra stop (MD-North) with its Divvy bike station, plus North Ave, Fullerton and Kimball bus routes.
- Biking: Armitage (one block south) is a designated bike route. Pulaski has some crazy drivers but it's definitely wide enough to accommodate bikes. Other north-south streets to the east of us are calm and generally bike-friendly. The western trailhead of The 606 elevated path is 0.6 miles away. Please feel free to bring your bike inside; we are working on installing bike racks for 2017.
- Driving: Street parking is free and (usually) easy. In light-medium traffic, the brewery is about 15 minutes from two expressways: the Kennedy (I-90/94) and Eisenhower (I-290).
Beer to go! Apex Predator, Troublesome, and Tooth and Claw for sure. We'll also have a stash of current seasonals and one-offs listed on our "Release" page. We hope to have a rotating selection of 750mLs. Best advice: follow us on BeerMenus for up to the minute inventory. We will often post updates to the Bottle Shop Twitter account as well. What's not available? A ton of samples.
We try to accommodate advance keg orders based on our production schedule. Half- and sixth-barrels of Apex Predator, Troublesome, and Tooth & Claw may be available depending on when you need them. Please utilize our Keg Request Form to start the process. Requests are managed on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule so please allow a couple days for our response.
We will not be offering our usual Saturday tours now that the shop is closed on Saturdays during the winter. Thanks to everyone who came and visited us in the past! We had a lot fun. Think about re-directing your visit to our taproom in Lincoln Park!
Not something we've dabbled in before. But if you really, really need to see the Dickens Ave brewery, drop us a line.